Thursday, June 16, 2016

Focus on Love



     First and foremost I want to extend my deepest sympathies, thoughts of condolences and love to the families and friends of those who died in Orlando this past weekend. As with you, I was overwhelmed by such a tragic, horrifying event.

    At times like this the universal connection we have with one another is so acute. There is no denying it.  Although we may not physically be there, be a relative or a friend, we can feel the pain and sorrow.


     We are all connected, we all come from the same source. Some may call it God, Goddess, their Higher Power, or Source. I call it Source. Source is the creator of everything that is, you, me, the sun, moon and stars and all that exists. Since we all come from Source, we are all a part of Source.  We are a part of the same energy that creates worlds. 

  Some of you may doubt or question this idea. But let me see if I can get you to the feeling place of knowing your connection, our connection to each other.


     Have you ever been to a concert, play, or live event? In the moment the performer hits that crescendo, that note, plays that song you love and the crowd goes wild and you feel the chill run down your spine - you are feeling the energy of what is being emitted by the performer and by everyone in the room. You are feeling your connection to joy and happiness that moment brings to each individual and to the group collectively. The energy is heightened in that moment and that is why you feel it to such an extent. You feel it because you are connected to everyone there and everyone is connected to you. The energy in you is a part of the same energy that exists in everyone.

      That energy connection exists eternally, it is always there. That is why at times like this we all hurt, we all feel the pain of such an intense loss and act of hate.

    When I heard the news on the TV, I was immediately overwhelmed with sorrow.  It felt so bad I ached.  As I watched, and the details unfolded, all I could think of was how painful this is for everyone involved; the victims, their loved ones, and everyone who cares.

    As I listened and watched the reports, it amazed me how some of the people commenting chose to speak in ways that continue to foster fear and hate. The same hate and fear that has perpetuated ignorance and bigotry for centuries. The same hate and fear that has marginalized, oppressed and subjugated groups of people simply because of the color of their skin, their gender, and whom they choose to love.


    I know through the laws of the universe, what we focus on, what we give our attention to, grows. Focusing on hate only brings more of it. I wanted so badly to help, to ease the pain, and in having that desire I knew I could contribute. I realized at that moment my focus, my contribution to those who passed, to those who are grieving, would be love. I would join the thousands of others who will not accept hate, and instead focus on love.

    When I focused my thoughts on love, on sending love to the families, friends and loved ones of those lost, I felt a shift.  I felt the heaviness of hate lift and felt the lightness of love instead.

    All the acts of love we see on TV in response, gives us hope, shows the strength we have in our desire for love, for solidarity, for freedom to live a life we all deserve.


    My heart and greatest appreciation goes out to everyone who stands at the vigil, who leaves the flowers, the cards, pictures, who extends a hand, a hug, a kind and loving word. Every thought of love leads to an act of love and that is what will heal and empower us.

    We must remember that love must first begin within ourselves. There is no way around this.  Had the person who committed this horrible act loved himself ........ this would not have happened. You cannot love yourself and want to hurt others.

    When we love ourselves, we align ourselves with the creator of all that exists, and that is when we are our most powerful. When we love ourselves, we create more love in our lives, more joy, happiness, and abundance. When we know that we are a part of Source, each of us is perfect, worthy, amazing creators, everything changes. When we emit the energy from those feelings and it is felt by those all around us, things happen easily, they fall into place, we receive acts of kindness and appreciation. The longer we can hold those thoughts, the more of what we desire comes into our reality.  What we focus on we create.

  Let love then, be the focus. Mother Theresa said she would never attend a rally to fight against a war, but would attend a Peace rally. Einstein said we must decide if this is a friendly universe or not.  Let's decide to focus on what we want, not what we don't want.  Let's focus on the idea that the universe is friendly, and that it is unlimited in it's abundance.

    
      If we are to create peace, happiness, joy for all, we must love ourselves first, let that love be the frequency we emit to others...... and watch how all good things come.



    

     Please leave me a comment below.  Let me know what you think.  What happens when you choose love, when you choose to love yourself?  How does that change your experience, how does it make you feel?

   Thank you for walking this path with me. May love and light surround you every day! 
  

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree about loving yourself first which will help to love others without the cruelty of violence...great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love is the answer ..., just as in the quote you posted by Martin Luther King....."love harmonizes"... It's what brings us together. So happy you have joined me on this path! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation to continue everyone's expansion!